01 Jun Articulate Storyline Workshop
This workshop will get you up and running with Articulate Storyline.
The workshop is delivered over two separate days. In the first phase you’ll be introduced to the format and capabilities of Storyline. You will learn how to navigate your way around the Storyline interface, and how to use fundamental tools such as states, triggers and interactions. You will then have a chance to practice new skills on your own content, before returning for a practical workshop which will be tailored to your course materials.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate your way around the Storyline interface, and work with slide layers and templates.
- Create interactions using a set template, such as markers and drag-and-drop functions.
- Modify interactions using scripting tools, including triggers, variables and conditions.
- Build custom interactions without templates, such as slide completion indicators, tabs, circle and slider interactions.
- Edit publish settings to suit your required format.
- Adjust LMS reporting and tracking settings to manage your course effectively.
- Storyline Overview
This section will introduce you to the Storyline interface. You will navigate through the slide and timeline views, and gain practice in using slide layers, notes and templates.
- States and Triggers
In order to make interactive elements in a course, Storyline makes use of different states for objects, which are controlled by a trigger. This section will introduce you to states and triggers; you will also learn how to modify and adapt your interactions using scripting cues such as variables and conditions.
- Interactions and Templates
This section will guide you through templated and custom interactions, including markers, drag-and-drop quizzes, tabs, slide completion indicators, circler and slider interactions.
- Reporting to the LMS
In the final section you will learn how to adjust the publish settings to adapt content to your LMS. The section will also guide you on how to edit the reporting and tracking settings to manage course scoring.
The second workshop is a practical session which will focus on creating an effective course from your material. This workshop will also be an opportunity for you to troubleshoot any problems you may have come across in using Storyline after the first session.